This Almond cookie recipe is soooooo good and really easy. These cookies are sure to be a hit at any party or a nice little tasty gift to for your loved ones around the holidays. AND THEIR GLUTEN FREE!!!!
I’m not going to bore you with some crazy long intro about how this recipe was handed down from my great great great grandmother… because it totally wasn’t. lol Let’s Jump right in!…
Chocolate Drizzled Gluten Free Almond Cookies
What you’ll need:
2 egg whites
1/2 stick of butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup dark chocolate chips
8 oz almond paste
- Chop up almond paste in a food processor (until its like a coarse sand texture)
- Add sugar to processor and continue to mix
- Whisk or use a hand mixer to mix egg whites until stiff peaks form (if you choose to whisk them, get ready for an arm workout)
- Fold in the almond paste and sugar and mix together until it is a dough like consistency
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least an hour
- Use a teaspoon and take scoops of dough and add to a pan lined in parchment paper (cookies will get stuck to tinfoil)
- Stuff almond slices into the top of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Make sure the shelf is in the middle of the oven
- Bake cookies for about 20 min or until they are slightly browned
- While cookies bake, melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over the stove (or make shift your own double boiler with a pot and pan
- Wait until cookies are completely cooled and then drizzle chocolate mixture over cookies and place tray in refrigerator so that the chocolate can solidify.
Hope you enjoyed this easy and tasty recipe and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!